Mini Takes The States 2014 with Car Expert Lauren Fix
MINI TAKES THE STATES – Facts
• MINI TAKES THE STATES was an epic 5,100 mile cross-country journey through 18 states and 15 cities over 14 days.
• It is a unique motoring experience and celebration of the MINI community that provides an opportunity for the brand to personally engage with the MINI community across the U.S.
• 400 car owners went “all the way” on MINI TAKES THE STATES, from San Francisco to Boston with more than 850 participating each day.
• Pets were welcome too! We have more than 100 pets registered as co-pilots.
• People came from all over the world, including 2 motorers who drove around the world from Germany. They drove across Poland, Russia, Japan, South Korea and then across the US with MTTS. They will continue on to NYC from Boston before finishing the trek across Europe to Germany.
• When you become a MINI owner, it comes standard with friends and the MINI community.
• This was the 5th MINI TAKES THE STATES. It happens every other year.
Bullets on Vehicles for the plaza
2014 MINI Countryman
• The Countryman is the first MINI with four doors, a large tailgate, five seats and optional all-wheel drive.
• Two weeks ago the MINI Countryman was awarded its a fourth consecutive Top Safety Pick from IIHS.
• It was the only small car among the latest group tested by IIHS to earn a “good” rating for the Small Overlap test.
• The Countryman brings new customers into the MINI brand who desire four doors and all-wheel drive to support their active lifestyle and growing family.
• Today, MINI Countryman is the 2nd biggest seller, representing close to 30% of total MINI sales volume in the U.S.
2014 MINI Hardtop
• The new MINI Hardtop made its global premiere in November 2013 and went on sale in the spring 2014.
• The third generation MINI Hardtop is a perfect balance between its heritage and the future.
• The new MINI Hardtop has design enhancements that improve connectivity, functionality, safety and performance.
• It has new comfort and safety technologies previously limited to luxury vehicles that will bring MINI to the forefront of the premium small car segment.
• The new MINI Hardtop is the future of all MINI models.
• It is the first model based on the new front-wheel-drive architecture shared with BMW.
• For the first time both 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder engines are used, all featuring BMW Group’s MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology.
Together the MINI Hardtop and Countryman represent 70 percent of our sales volume.
1999 Green Classic MINI - This is the first generation Classic Mini which is the iconic MINI Cooper everyone knows and loves.
• Launched in 1959 by the Morris Company, they came to the US in 2002 after BMW purchased and redesigned the car.
• 1999 the Classic Mini won “European Car of the Century” with over 5 million cars worldwide.
2009 Chili Red with Black stripes (Performance Model called John Cooper Works) - owned by Lauren’s son, Paul Fix, he drove on the event for the last 3 cities and this is his 2nd MINI TAKES THE STATES.